The Maroon

Hopdoddy Best Burger Joint In Town

Photo courtesy of Hopdoddy

Photo courtesy of Hopdoddy

Kenzie Marsales, Staff Writer

Living in Austin, you most likely know what a quality burger tastes like. The dispute of which burger is the best in Austin is possibly an unanswerable question. However, one of the best burger joints is unquestionably Hopdoddy. Hopdoddy is a restaurant that originated in Austin and has grown to be a very popular place over the  years. What makes Hopdoddy different than other burger joints is their original menu that Austinites love, a mix of burgers and Tex-Mex cuisine. Specifically, their famous El Diablo burger.

The El Diablo burger is one of their most popular burgers, and for a good reason. The El Diablo burger is an angus beef burger with tillamook pepper jack, habaneros, serranos, caramelized onions, salsa roja, and chipotle aioli. The flavors combine beautifully making it a savory burger with a spicy kick. The meat is always cooked to perfection, not too greasy and not too dry, and the fries they serve alongside their burgers are perfectly salted and crispy.

Another burger Hopdoddy is known for is their breakfast burger. Austin is a unique city and the people who live here always seem open to weird, cutting-edge food to try, and this burger is exactly that. This burger is topped with sausage, ham, beef grind, an egg patty, applewood smoked bacon, and cheese. This cheesy burger practically melts in you mouth providing a satisfying mix of breakfast and lunch flavors that compliment each other well. Hash Browns are also included on the burger and provide a buttery flavor that really ties the meal together. Also, this burger can be enjoyed anytime of the day and is the perfect burger if your looking to try something new, and delicious.

While the food is certainly excellent, one downside is the wait. Being a very popular restaurant, Hopdoddy is almost always busy with lines out the door. Being a locally loved downtown restaurant, dining there is almost always a time consuming experience. The main location is the South Congress location, but the atmosphere of the restaurant and the dining experience people go there to enjoy is like no other. However, if you looking to enjoy a unique Austin approved burger, it’s worth the wait.

• Hopdoddy Best Burger Joint In Town

Entertainment

The Hate U Give Movie a Must See

• Hopdoddy Best Burger Joint In Town

Entertainment

Media Arts Hosts Narrative Showcase

• Hopdoddy Best Burger Joint In Town

Entertainment

Red Dragon Players to Premier ‘Over the Tavern’ Oct. 25

• Hopdoddy Best Burger Joint In Town

Entertainment

Predator Movie Doesn’t Live up to Expectations

• Entertainment

Tigers Be Still Simple but Emotional

• Entertainment

What is this Galentine’s Day Anyway?

• Hopdoddy Best Burger Joint In Town

Entertainment

Arrivals and Departures Shows Promise of Future Talent

• Hopdoddy Best Burger Joint In Town

Entertainment

Classic Calamity With The Caped Crusader

• Hopdoddy Best Burger Joint In Town

Entertainment

A Cure Worth Taking

• Hopdoddy Best Burger Joint In Town

Entertainment

Keanu Comes Back For the Kill in “John Wick: Chapter 2”

The student news site of Stephen F. Austin High School
Hopdoddy Best Burger Joint In Town