‘Office Ladies’ Brings Joy to Fans

Weekly stories and secrets from 'The Office' excite new and old viewers

Xander Christou, Managing Editor

The Office is a staple in American television. It has become a centerpiece in high school culture and even inspired The Office Club. Fifteen years after the show’s first episode, two of the main actresses from the show have started a rewatch podcast that invokes nostalgia and the relatability of the show. Angela Kinsey and Jenna Fischer’s weekly Office Ladies podcast is an enjoyable, informative behind-the-scenes look at each episode of the show that is sure to please any fan and invite a rewatch.

I have been a hardcore fan of The Office since I first watched it in middle school. I have a Dunder Mifflin shirt, I often quote lines from the show, and have watched every episode upwards of four times. I was very enthusiastic about this new podcast and have been following along weekly as new episodes release. Jenna Fischer, who plays Pamela Beesly, and Angela Kinsey, who plays Angela Martin are best friends in real life and it shows; the podcast is full of banter, laughs and stories from the set that I value hearing. I think this format is perfect for a podcast; they have it set up so you watch one episode and then they discuss it on a Wednesday, occasionally bringing in guest stars who worked on the show.

I have learned so much by listening to this podcast. It is the first podcast I have listened to, and I really enjoy the tales and ramblings that the two hosts share. I can tell they have a lot of fun recording it, and it brings me a lot of joy when I am able to unwind and listen to episodes. While it is structured with “fast facts” and time-coded notecards, there are ramblings that give insight into the actors’ personal lives as well, which makes for a nice balance. The podcast is accessible too, as it can be found on Spotify, Apple, and Google for free.

It’s mind-blowing that a show from fifteen years ago continues to have such a mainstream impact and be a constant presence in so many people’s lives. This podcast is a new way for fans of The Office to reconnect with a show they love, with real cast members and with other fans. The podcast has already been number seven out of all podcasts on Apple Music, showing that fans are eager to learn more about the show’s history. This podcast will certainly continue to attract fans new and old, and if it continues at the same pace accounting for all 201 episodes, will be running for at least four years into the future. It will become a constant in many people’s lives, like the show, and The Office phenomenon will continue to grow and change.

I rate it 4 out of 5 Mr. Maroos