Toulouse to Take French Students to Canada

This upcoming spring break French teacher Amy Toulouse will be hosting a trip to Canada open for all French students. Quebec and Montreal are the cities that will be toured as the students practice their French at restaurants, shops, and around the city in general.

“I have 10 kids currently signed up and I need 25 to sign up so that we can keep our spring break date. If I don’t get 25 kids to sign up the trip will be moved to the summer,” Toulouse said.

Although the itinerary is not yet complete, some of the sites that students will visit include the Quebec marketplace and the Montmorency Falls. In Montreal they will visit the Notre-Dame Basilica and old Montreal.

“I am very excited for the kids to be able to see all these beautiful buildings and learn more about the history of the French speaking region in Canada. I think that they will all enjoy it,” Toulouse said.

Toulouse hopes that students will have an opportunity to visit these cultural sites while practicing their French skills in a real life setting.

“I want my kids to hear the French-Canadian accent because it is very different from just a French accent, and of course be able to use their French skills out in the real world, and not just in my class,” Toulouse said.

As the trip gets closer Toulouse is making sure that her students have the tools they need to be able to have a successful conversation with a native French speaker.

“Being there will help them a ton because I’m not going to be with them every single second, like they are going to go out and have lunch by themselves and go to stores so, they’ll have to use their French on their own.”