The Maroon

Winter Concert Brings Holiday Tunes

Angie Black, Staff Writer

The annual orchestra Winter Concert is a joy for all who go. Orchestra director Ana Maria Solis feels that especially during this concert the students can be themselves.

“They were focused and it’s hard to play in a cafeteria but for the most part they stayed together,” Solis said. “It also felt [like] the audience had a nice response,”.

Along with playing in front of their own parents, the Orchestra played in front of the incoming middle school orchestras. Being crowded into one cafeteria provides a challenge for all the orchestras involved.

“My favorite part was the difference between the younger kids and the older ones,” Soils said. “The parents and the kids themselves can see how they can progress and change. It’s exciting for me to see them and hear them because its like one day those wonderful students could be here and play with us.”

This year, along with songs and food, there was also a silent auction to provide more revenue and get more people involved in the community. A few of the items that were sold at the auction were music lessons, bows, food baskets, and items donated by students, local organizations, and other groups that support the orchestra.

“People seemed to like the idea of having something in addition to the dinner and songs,” Solis said. “We had coffee that we were selling as well,”.

The orchestra brought in new lights to engage the audience. Keeping the audience engaged while also incorporating the many skills they have learned are the ways that this concert provides for the audience and the students themselves.

“We had extra lights around and when the music was getting intense you could see the lights flashing to the song,” Solis said.

The main goal of the Winter Concert is for the students who play the music to have fun. The orchestra wanted to bring the holiday spirit to all of those around.

“It was a true joy when the parents sang along with us in We Wish You A Merry Christmas,” Soils said. “You could really feel the Christmas spirit in the music and the students themselves,”.

• Winter Concert Brings Holiday Tunes

News

$1 Billion Bond in Hands of Voters Tomorrow

• Winter Concert Brings Holiday Tunes

News

Academies Create Smaller Learning Environment for Freshmen

• Winter Concert Brings Holiday Tunes

News

Tutoring Center Undergoes Major Changes in 2017

• Winter Concert Brings Holiday Tunes

News

Barton Springs University

• Winter Concert Brings Holiday Tunes

News

30th Annual Monster Concert is a Success

• News

Admin Cracks Down on Attendance Policy

• Winter Concert Brings Holiday Tunes

News

iLab Now Available During Zero Hour

• Winter Concert Brings Holiday Tunes

News

Administration Removes 6 Flags Over Texas

• Winter Concert Brings Holiday Tunes

News

SRO recommends staying alert after jogger attacked on track

• Winter Concert Brings Holiday Tunes

News

Initiative Puts Chromebooks in Students Hands

The student news site of Stephen F. Austin High School
Winter Concert Brings Holiday Tunes